Thursday 5 November 2009

Royal Quiver!

Following the news that Maid Marian's Quiver won joint second place in the seed bead category of the British Bead Awards, I learnt that it will also be a project in a future issue of Bead magazine. I only had some hastily scribbled notes from the first time around and so I had to make another one, writing the instructions as I went. I thought I would try making it in different colours to see what effect this would have on the finished piece and my first thought was to try red roses.  Can you believe though, that in my huge stash of beads, I didn't have any red beads in just the right shade! I'm not really a natural when it comes to mixing colours and so I spent ages ferreting around for other suitable combinations of colours for the roses, leaves and quiver that would complement each other.  I eventually decided on purple roses! I think I ended up with a rather regal effect and hence Maid Marian's sister piece has been named Royal Quiver.






2 comments:

  1. Oh I think I might try that then when the magazine comes out. I know I said the same about your dragon but I haven't given up hope yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Mary - you know I'm always on hand if you need some help ;0)

    Kerrie x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.