Monday 21 May 2012

Midnight Garland!

After my last post about the new Thorn Flowers, I thought that my work with 'spike beads' was done and that in true butterfly style I could flit on to another shape, another bead, another flower.  But then Perry at York Beads offered to display a couple of pieces of my spike bead work at his booth at the Bead & Button show in June and it seemed like a wasted opportunity to just send what I had already created and so another idea started to form.  After ten days and many hours of making lots of intricate heart shaped leaves, some twisty vine and a few thorn flowers and thorn flower buds - Midnight Garland is ready to be packaged up and sent off on her travels.






And if you were hoping for a Midnight Garden story:  Deep within the Midnight Garden an insignificant looking vine appears.  As the moon waxes the stem begins to grow, small tendrils sprout and uncoil into tiny heart shaped leaves that twist and creep along the ground.  Little buds start to form and as they swell the petals begin to part showing glimpses of an inner light.  The Midnight Garland grows and grows, climbing and spreading throughout the garden, gathering strength until gradually the petals unfurl revealing the centre - and at that special midnight full moon moment the powerful silver spikes point moonwards ...

Bye for now!

Kerrie


4 comments:

  1. I want more of the story!! It needs to keep going I love the way you write, I also love the way you beads!
    Sending you love and light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. did I tell you that your work has reached a level of artistry that I highly admire? It is worth far more than being shown at a booth of a bead seller... You deserve to be in the center of the show, in those glass cases with ribbons. yes you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and for leaving such a supportive comment Cath! In my experience, there are bead sellers and then there are bead sellers and believe me, I am very fortunate ;o)

    Kerrie ♥

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.