Tuesday 6 May 2008

A colourful weekend.

Typically, it's a gloriously sunny day here today - because of course YESTERDAY was Bank Holiday Monday! To be honest, it wasn't really that bad, it rained in the morning but the sun did come out in the afternoon - but in true British spirit we made the most of the three day weekend and got out and about even in the rain. I'm so glad we did too, because everywhere is looking beautiful at the moment - everyone's gardens are brimming over with blossom, the fields are a patchwork of green and acid yellow from the oil seed rape and the woods are filled with bluebells, anemone and celandine and yes - I want to bead them all!

I took a few pictures to show you, although they are not as bright as they could be because of the weather - this first one for example was taken in the rain - but just look how bright the yellow of the rape is against the oak tree in the middle and the dull sky!




This field was on one side of the lane and the woodland with a carpet of bluebells was on the other side. The air was filled with the beautiful scent of the bluebells and the peppery smell of the rape flower. Again, the picture is not as bright as it could be as it was raining when I took this - it doesn't do the bluebells justice but you can see what a gorgeous bright green the young leaves on the trees are.



Also our ornamental cherry tree 'Kanzan' is in full bloom at the bottom of our garden and I'm so pleased that the rain hasn't been too heavy so the blossom is still looking beautiful - it's an absolute delight for just 1 week out of 52 and it's so sad when it doesn't have the chance to shine!





So now it's back to work and I'm off out into the garden to find a shady spot to finish my dragon ready to send off to Bead & Button for their October issue - hardly seems like work does it!

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos Kerrie.
    I wish I had such pretty things to snap.
    Last night, I went for a walk with my Jason and we took a photo of an abandoned spare tire - just leaning on a telephone pole on the main street of our town.
    I did get some cute shots of a groundhog. He seemed to be posing, and as soon as I lowered the camera, he dashed off; as though he was patiently waiting for me to finish before leaving.

    erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos you've shared. I wish spring would last year round. I live for each day I can bead outside for more than a few minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures, Kerrie. I can almost smell those bluebells. Your cherry tree looks gorgeous, I never tire at seeing them in full bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pics Kerrie, and more bluebells too, I've just been looking at the ones on Alison's blog! Makes you feel that winter is well and truly gone now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos! Your blog is very nice and your beadwork is SO BEAUTIFUL!

    Smadar

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous pictures! It looks like it's been a lovely day for you.
    ileana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such lovely comments - thank you so much everyone!

    Kerrie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kerrie, I truly enjoyed my stay on your blog! You have done a wonderful job with photography, subject matter and showcasing both your work and that of others!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for taking the time to stop by Joni and thank you for your comments, I really value them :-)

    Kerrie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. These photos are extraordinary. Lovely. Thank you for sharing these!

    xoxo
    Margot

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.